Saturday, November 12, 2011

Spotlight On: Jena

Name: Jena
Aliases: "the brightest star in the heavens", the Zarder, "the red-haired girl", "the daughter of a troublemaker"
Race: Human
Age: 16
Sex: Female

Notable Things About Her:
* At the beginning of the novel, she managed to escape the Fire Queen's leyr alive by pretending to be incredibly happy to be there. Since this was the site of her mother's death some six years before, saying this was not an easy feat would be like saying climbing Mount Everest is not a nice stroll.


* As the first human Bonded to an Onizard, Jena must have a mind strong enough to handle the emotions and pain of a growing dragon-like creature and keep them separate from her own emotions.  Senraeno's brain is eventually going to be twice her size; this means Jena must have a deeply hidden but strong psychic power. The Onizards would call this the "light".


* Jena is one of a select few beings who has met all three of the current Children of Light (no one knows where the fourth one is).

Notable Quote:

“I only hope that I can do the best I can to prove my worth. I think that’s what my mother would have wanted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment