Saturday, December 10, 2011

Operation E-Book Drop

I was given a choice today. I could either have five days of my book being listed for free on Amazon if I agree to make my eBook 100% exclusive to Amazon (including removing every quote and excerpt from my blog), or I could participate in Operation E-Book Drop and give soldiers who are deployed something to read.

The choice was obvious.


Operation E-Book Drop

My mother has a very special photograph she keeps close to her. It is of a man in a military uniform, his expression stern and proud as he stands in front of the American flag. His dark brown eyes are focused directly at the camera, and if you are not careful you can catch yourself staring directly back at him for a moment.  This is what I know of my grandfather. He may have died of a heart attack before I was born, but through his legacy I have learned the importance of the freedoms we should fight to have. I realize that one fantasy novel may not seem like much, but if it helps even one soldier I will be satisfied.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog, Julie! I hope that many more authors choose to participate in Operation E-Book Drop; it's a great way for us all to make a difference. :)

    ReplyDelete